Willow Bank Wakefield



Church


Home
Open Days
Events

Bakery
Barber
Burger Bar
China Store
Church
Coffee Machine
Doll Museum
Dress-Up
General Store
Green House
Grocery
Groceteria
Kitchen
Lace Shop
Library
Haberdashery
Photostudio
Playhouse
Post Office
Puppet Theater
Radio + Electrical
RSA
Sample Room
School
Street Lighting
Telephones
Victorian Cafe
Vienna Cafe
Wash House



Lucy Augarde (nee Unwin) (Approx 1824 - 19.8.1880)
Henry John Louis Augarde (18.1.1820-11.9.1901)
They married at the residence of the father of the bride on 17. December 1863

They came to Nelson, NZ on the "Stanley" in 1852. They lived in Quail Valley
(among other places) and had approx 18 children.

.
History about the building

The History of Collingwood Street Gospel Hall (information received from the Brethren)
The Collingwood Street Hall was built in the 1880's by Mr Thomas Cawthron (25.5.1833 – 8.10.1915) for the use of the Open Brethren Church. They moved to a hall in lower Hardy Street, which had been occupied by a church which had died out. When Thomas Cawthron died, it was left in his will to Mr Bert Shirtcliffe who was his nephew. In the early 1930's Mr Shirtcliffe gave the Hall to Mrs Cathrine Ivory (his daughter) who rented it to the Brethren. The Brethren bought it in the 1950's. When the Brethren first received it, the inside was in much the same state as the back room is now. The Brethren lined the main room with gibralter board and then wallpapered it. The back room was just one big, big room without any toilets in it, but it did have an open fire in it for the cold nights. The fireplace was demolished by Ivan Hill. In the main room, there is a baptismal font set into the floor. There is a trap door over the top of it now. The toilets were not always in the same place as they are today. The ladies were where the mens are now, and the mens were by the back fence.


Original location at Collingwood Street Nelson
with the side door entrance

Later the entrance was changed to the front

3.12.2003 at Tahunanui

3.12.2003 over the Brightwater bridge

3.12.2003 arriving at destination

3.12.2003 arriving at destination

3.12.2003 the roof had to be removed

3.12.2003

18.6.2009

16.9.2010



 Back to the top
Home  |  Downloads  |  Impressum    
© Copyright 2018 by Christine Grieder